The reel board is a evaluation board based on the Nordic Semiconductor nRF52840 SoC. The board was developed by PHYTEC Messtechnik GmbH in cooperation with Zephyr Project for the Zephyr Hackathon – “Get Connected”.
reel board is more than just another evaluation board. It is equipped with the Electrophoretic Display and environmental sensors. This not only makes it easy to try out Zephyr OS, but also the following use cases can be evaluated:
- battery powered sensor node
- low power, low cost HMI for remote control or environmental sensor monitoring
- interactive badge for the meetings and conferences
- product, name or price tag
- just a temperature and humidity sensor on your table
more details: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/wiki/reel-Board